Saturday, June 2, 2012

10X12 foot room oh my

Doesn't look like I did anything, but I have. I have containers of scraps I am cutting sorting and moving to smaller containers. The pieces I can't use are thrown out. I didn't sew for a couple days with cleaning the living room and dining room. How can one person make such a mess????


Here is a container and it has a lid that is all 1 inch strips. I thought Court House Steps or Log Cabins could be made with these. As I pick up a piece from my containers I measure and see how many different sizes I can cut from them.


I have all different sized pieces cut and labeled in these containers. These are recycled containers from a car wash. They had wafers of fragrance in them and the tubs had nice fitting tops so I asked them for them. Free is good here.





I have several containers with all sizes of scraps and I just sit and cut until I am through with the container.
My efforts are paying off, but it is a slow slow s.l.o.w process. I think if I get it done once I won't let it get so far out of hand before I cut again.


Progress is made but it is a 10X12 ft. room and not a lot of wiggle room to get to the back wall of shelves. Maybe in a few days I will be able to get to it. As others have said a messy person is a creative person. Well I think I fit in the category. LOL Chris






2 comments:

Katie M. said...

I have found that my room is messiest once I get started straightening it up. It's that pull things out to organize part that seems to mess it up.,..

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

WOW! You make me feel better...my sewing area is in a state similar to this pretty much at all times. ;) It's so easy to become distracted!